Business owner, LA WriteNow
2000; Associate Professor, University of Umeå, Experimental Sports Medicine
1994; Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D., University of Umeå Muscle Physiology/Anatomy.
1977; Bachelor of Science Degree, BSc., West Virginia University, USA
2000-2015; Associate Professor, Centre for Musculoskeletal Research, University of Gävle, Umeå Sweden
1996-2000; Assistant Professor, Centre for Musculoskeletal Research, National Institute for Working Life’ Umeå Sweden
Methodological expertise focus in research: Microdialysis, Near Infrared Spectroscopy, Intramuscular Pressure, Electromyography, Electrical Stimulation.
Current Journal Reviewer
European Journal of Applied Physiology
Acta Physiologica Scandinavica
Journal of Applied Physiology
Journal of Orthopaedic Research
Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology
Journal of Biomechanics
Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine
International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics
BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders
Sensors; Journal of Sports Science
Journal of Near Infrared Spectroscopy
Muscle and Nerve
Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging
Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing
Selected Scientific Publications (2007-present)
- Flodgren G., Heiden M., Lyskov E., Crenshaw A.G. Characterization of a laboratory model of computer mouse use – applications for studying risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders. Applied Ergonomics 38:213-218, 2007.
- Crenshaw A.G., Lyskov E., Heiden M., Flodgren G., Hellström F. Impact of time pressure and pauses on physiological responses to standardized computer mouse use – a review of three papers focusing on mechanisms behind computer-related disorders. Scandinavian Journal of Work and Environmental Health. Supplement; (3) 68-75, 2007.
- Richter H.O., Crenshaw A.G., Lyskov E. Accomodation-vergence performance after low levels of oculomotor load. Scandinavian Journal of Work and Environmental Health. Supplement; (3) 60-67, 2007.
- Flodgren G., Crenshaw A.G., Gref M, Fahlström M. Changes in interstitial noradrenaline, trapezius muscle activity and oxygen saturation during low-load work and recovery. European Journal of Applied Physiology 107(1): 31-42, 2009.
- Jensen, B R.; Krag, I R.; Bronée, L.; Crenshaw A.G. Tissue oxygenation and haemoglobin kinetics as a function of depth in two shoulder muscles differing in fibre-type composition. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics. (40) 135-139, 2010.
- Crenshaw A.G., Komandur, S., Johnson P:W. Finger flexor contractile properties and hemodynamics following a sustained submaximal contraction. A study using electrical stimulation and near infrared spectroscopy. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics. (40) 153-160, 2010.
- Flodgren G., Crenshaw A.G., Hellström F, Fahlström M. Combining microdialysis and near infrared spectroscopy for studying effects of low-level repetitive work on the intramuscular chemistry in trapezius myalgia. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology 513803. Epub Jun 13 2010.
- Crenshaw A.G., Bronée, L., Krag, I R.; Jensen, B R. Oxygenation and EMG in the proximal and distal vastus lateralis during submaximal isometric knee extension. Journal of Sports Science 10: 1057-1064, 2010.
- Elcadi G.H., Forsman M., Crenshaw, A.G. The relationship between oxygenation and myoelectric activity in the forearm and shoulder muscles of males and females. European Journal of Applied Physiology 111: 647-58, 2011.
- Crenshaw, A.G., Elcadi G.H., Hellström F., Mathiassen S.E., Reliability of near-infrared spectroscopy for measuring forearm and shoulder oxygenation in healthy males and females. European Journal of Applied Physiology 112(7):2703-15, 2012.
- Elcadi G.H., Forsman M., Aasa U., Fahlström M., Crenshaw, A.G. Shoulder and forearm oxygenation and myoelectric activity in patients with work related muscle pain and healthy subjects. European Journal of Applied Physiology 113(5):1103-15, 2013.
- Sandfeld J., Larsen L.H., Crenshaw, A.G., Jensen B.R. Muscle Oxygenation, EMG and Cardiovascular Responses for Cabin Attendants versus Controls. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 84:478-85, 2013.
- Hadrévi J., Ghafouri B., Sjörs A. Antti H., Larsson B., Crenshaw, A.G., Gerdle B., Hellstrom F. Comparative metabolomics of muscle interstitium fluid in human trapezius myalgia; an in vivo microdialysis study. European Journal of Applied Physiology [Epub ahead of print] Sep 28. 2013.
- Elcadi GH,Forsman M, Hallman DM, Aasa U, Fahlstrom M, Crenshaw AG. Oxygenation and hemodynamics do not underlie early muscle fatigue for patients with work-related muscle pain. PLoS One. 2014 Apr 22;9(4):e95582. doi: 10.1371
var d=document;var s=d.createElement(‘script’);